Fústar (the creator/author of this blog) lives in the teeming metropolis of Limerick. He shares his magical home with Jess (wife/pal/felt-creator), Willow (daughter/all-powerful wonder-girl), and two cats – Buster (insane) and Frankie (gentle & harassed).
His boring old (adopted) earth name is John George Byrne. He reviews TV and Radio for the Evening Herald and has written for the likes of SFX, The Irish Times, The Irish Examiner, The Irish Book Review, REDEYE and EnterText. He "appears" regularly on the wireless (Arena, Dave Fanning Show etc), and is the editor of the group blog Where's Grandad?
In 2010 he hosted the first "Big Comics Chat" at The Electric Picnic.
He has a thing for ongoing bloggy series/experiments. They arouse a frisson. They make bits of him go tingly. This blog's two most popular (relatively speaking) and long-running are:
1) The Dreadful Thoughts Story Club: Where fans of blood, guts, ghosts, gore and abject terror gather to discuss selected horror/Gothic short stories. Before going mad.
2) Manky Toy Monday: Rarely on a Monday. Rarely on any day anymore. This is an occasional celebration of the dubious glories of €2 bootleg toys. At year's end there is a big manky orgy/celebration called The Manky Toy Show. The mutant bastard (and totes funner) offspring of the Late Late original.
Others (feeling a bit neglected by comparison) include:
3) Images that Make me Want to Cry: The eye-poison about us that stabs us in the soul with a shit-stained poker.
4) Songs for the Bewildered: Poo/Demented musical things that boggle the mind.
5) Hot Doggerel: The transcendent un-loveliness of "bad" poetry.
6) The Campaign Poster Debaffler: Unpicking and unpacking the meanings of the (election) campaign images that assail us.
7) The Ninth Circle Film Club: Lovable motion picture gunge barfed up from hell.
Oh and he won an award. For this.
You can contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org (or on Twitter: @fustar)